I was recently messaged by a user in the Bitcoinn community, which I used to be quite invested in, asking whether I would be interesting in making some modifications to a script he had prototyped. I gladly accepted and ended up nearly rewriting the entire project.
The project is written in Python using the Flask web framework. I added form validation using WTForms. Additionally, I updated the way information regarding products on DX where scraped using BeautifulSoup. I added an invoice page, as well as an emailed invoice to users upon submitting an order. Lastly, in order to grab the current exchange rate between USD and BTC, the client opted to use the Mt. Gox exchange rate (Mt. Gox is a popular currency exchange for facilitating USD to BTC transactions.) As pulling the Mt. Gox ticker API can be slow, and due to the site already having many page loads queued due to needing to look up DX product information, I opted to have a Bash script called by cron every ten minutes to grab the ticker, while the project itself would simply load the ticker off of the server.